If you were intrigued by what you heard from Prof. Diana Magnuson about her role as director of archives for the Baptist General Conference and Bethel University, you can follow up and earn up to five points of extra credit (towards your Participation grade). Just schedule a visit to the Bethel archives with Dr. Magnuson, then submit a 250-300 word response via Moodle no later than 5pm on Friday, March 10th (the start of spring break).
Possible topics for your reflection include:
- The relationship between archivists and historians
- The practical and philosophical challenges for archivists
- The potential impact (positive and negative) of digitization on archives
- How archivists serve different constituencies or publics
- Comparing/contrasting the different types of primary sources that you saw at the Bethel archives.